- Eligible organizations may apply for grant funds by invitation only. Unsolicited grant proposals will not be reviewed. Letters of inquiry may be sent to the Stillwater Foundation for consideration by the Board. Applications for grant funds will be distributed to invited organizations.
- Organizations must support programs or projects that represent the values and mission statements of the Stillwater Foundation.
- Although there are no geographic limitations for program or project location, there is an emphasis for proposals from the Reno/Tahoe and San Francisco Bay areas.
- Grant proposals will be reviewed by all members of the Board and funds will be distributed in Spring and Fall grant cycles.
- Grantees must provide the following material upon delivery of approved grant funds: 501(c)(3) documentation, most recent form 990, signed copy of Grant Funds Receipt Letter, budget of proposed use of grant funds, notice of any other funding sources for proposed use of funds.
- Site visits will be arranged with grantees throughout the time frame of the grant and an evaluation report may be requested upon completion of the grant relationship.
A downloadable PDF version of these guidelines is available here or on our resource page.